Welcome to slikkr.com, a web site owned, operated and provided by Sarah Cox dba Slikkr (“Slikkr”, “I” “my”, or “me”).
- Use Of Website
- Community Features
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Rules Of Acceptable Use
- Your Personal Data
- Linking To My Website
- Feeds To Other Websites/RSS
- Third Party Links
- Notice And Takedown
- Termination And Suspension
- Exclusion Of Third Party Rights
- Entire Agreement
- Law And Jurisdiction
Use Of Website
Certain parts of my Site may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain up-to-date Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
When you register on my Site, you will be given a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your Web Site account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your Web Site account. You agree to (a) immediately notify me if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or Web Site account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and (b) ensure that you exit from your Web Site account at the end of each session. I cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
My Site may, from time to time, provide you with certain interactive community features, provided by my third party affiliate companies (such as YouTube, Facebook, Disqus or Twitter, “Partners”), which enable you to upload and share comments about a particular item. Before you will be able to use these community features and upload your comments, you may need to register with one of my Partners and each time you use those community features, you will need to be logged into your account with the Partner. I will do my best to make it clear on my Site when community features are provided by my Partners and not by me.
Intellectual Property Rights
Rules of Acceptable Use
Comments, message boards, personal profiles and any discussion forums or pages of my Site where you are capable of posting material (including User Content) are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of my Site that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited.
Your use of my Site is subject to the following rules which, by your use of the Web Site, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
You must not:
- use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive User Content;
- upload, share or submit any User Content which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate;
- upload, share or submit any User Content on my Site which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential;
- upload, share or submit any User Content on the Web Site (including contact details, last names, telephone numbers, street addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures) which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself;
- upload, share or submit any User Content which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
- upload, share or submit User Content belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it;
- upload, share or submit User Content where the use by Slikkr, or any third party licensed or permitted by Slikkr, will give rise to any third party claims;
- directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by Slikkr of a product, service, content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service;
- place any links on my Site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that otherwise contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use;
- place on my site advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use my Site for any commercial purposes (which would include using my Site to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
- register or attempt to register as a member of my Site unless you are at least 13 years old.
- use my Site to solicit information from anyone under the age of 18;
- impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, or to collect information about other users;
- upload, share or submit User Content containing any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information;
- print, alter, adapt, modify, copy or create a derivative work from the Content; or
- upload, share or submit any User Content that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
Slikkr accepts no responsibility for any statements, material (including User Content) or other submissions placed on my online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
I reserve the right to edit or remove any material and User Content uploaded, shared or submitted using my site, for any reason whatsoever.
Competitions and other promotions may be subject to additional terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be varied or supplemented by terms specific to each particular competition or promotion. Any specific terms will be brought to your attention when appropriate and prior to you submitting your entry.
Your Personal Data
Please note, as discussed at section 3, when you register with one of my Partners to use certain community features on my Site, your Personal Data is submitted to the relevant Partner, not to me.
Linking To My Web Site
I welcome links to my Web Site, by which I mean that you may include a link to any page of my Site on other web sites, provided that you do not use such link in any way which would imply partnership, affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship of any service or product or which may bring me or the other brands in my group into disrepute. You may not display the Content or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from me without my consent. If you would like to license my material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feeds To Other Web Sites/RSS
If you operate your own web site, you can display the latest headlines from other web sites on your own site using RSS.
I encourage the use of any feeds that I make available now or in the future as part of your web site, provided that the proper format and attribution is used when any of my content appears. For example the attribution text should read “Slikkr News” or “slikkr.com/news” as appropriate. You may not use any Slikkr brand or a Slikkr logo or other Slikkr trademark alongside the RSS feed.
I reserve the right to prevent the distribution of content using RSS. I do not accept any liability arising from your use of the feeds or from any inaccuracy or omission in the content or interruption in availability.
Third Party Links
Third party links do not imply that Slikkr endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked web site, or is legally authorised to use any intellectual property accessible through such links.
Any complaints can be reported by sending an email to: email@example.com but should always outline the subject of your complaint and, in the case of complaints relating to a page on my Web Site (if possible), include a link to the web page which is the subject of your complaint.
Notice And Takedown
If you are a rights owner (or acting on behalf of a rights owner) and believe that any User Content infringes your copyright, you must provide me with a written notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org which states:
- that you are the rights owner or are authorised to act on the rights owner’s behalf;
- that you have identified User Content on my site which infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act, if applicable) and you believe in good faith that use of the User Content in the manner complained of is not authorised by you, the rights owner’s agent or by law;
- a description of the copyright work that you claim has been infringed which should include, the type of work (such as a photograph or other image) and any relevant further details;
- a description of the way in which the copyright material has been infringed;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the User Content in question on my Site (including a URL specifying the date my Site was accessed and/or a screen shot);
- information that will enable me to contact you, such as your name, a postal address, telephone number and, if available, an email address (these contact details may also be provided to the alleged infringer so that they may contact you directly, in order to attempt to resolve the complaint amicably);
- your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy); and
- that the information in the notification is true and accurate.
This ‘notice and takedown’ procedure is regulated by statute. There may be negative consequences if you falsely allege User Content is infringing copyright or send a copyright infringement notice to me in bad faith. I recommend that you take legal advice before sending a copyright infringement notice, if you are unsure about your rights in the User Content, or whether there has been an infringement of your rights.
I have a policy of terminating the user accounts of repeat copyright infringers. A repeat infringer is a user who has submitted two or more items of User Content for which Slikkr receives a copyright infringement notice in accordance with this section. If your account is terminated in accordance with this provision then, you shall not register or attempt to register a new user account. You agree to keep me fully and effectively indemnified and hold me harmless for all liability that may be incurred as a result of a breach of this clause.
Termination And Suspension
Notwithstanding the above, I will try to warn users that their access to my Site and/or their account may be suspended or terminated.
You use my Site and the services offered by me at your own risk. My site, the Content, the User Content and other services offered by me are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. The content and information displayed on my Site is provided without any warranties as to its completeness or accuracy.
I do not guarantee that my Site, the Content, the User Content or any services offered by me will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Slikkr expressly excludes conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and any liability incurred by any user of my Site, including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of revenue, income, profits, contracts, business, goodwill, anticipated savings, reputation, data or information;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
Exclusion Of Third Party Rights
Law And Jurisdiction